Before I proceed with Foodie Friday’s recipe, I need to know something. Flax or chia? What do you do with the flax? I bought flax seeds and flax meal from Trader Joes. Both have been sitting on the counter while I try to decide what to do with them. Then I hear chia is the new flax. Way to be late to the party Jennifer… Foodie help please? 🙂
I know … I’m writing a post about salad dressing. Boooring. 😛 Well in keeping with my healthy recipes for Foodie Friday, I wanted to blog about my favorite salad dressing. Well my fave is Ranch … but that is beside the point.
I love eating salads. I especially love eating salads at home (much cheaper!).
I hate bottled dressing. All of them. I like some in the refrigerated section of the produce department but I prefer to make my own.
I’m not an O&V + lemon juice kinda gal either. I need some flavor to go along with that lettuce afterall! 😉
I have made this several times over the past month and Raymond LOVES it! I store it in a mason jar. Love me some mason jars!
Homemade Italian Dressing
- 1 packet Good Seasonings Italian Dressing Mix
- Oil, water, vinegar (for the packet)
- I use slightly more vinegar and water than the instructions call for to cut down on the oil consumption.
- 1 TSP Dried oregano
- 1/2 TSP
- 1/4 TSP Garlic powder
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 TBSP white wine vinegar
- 1.5 TBSP water
- Prepare Good Seasonings dressing according to package. I make this in the carafe that comes with the dressing kit.
- Pour in a medium bowl.
- Add additional ingredients. Whisk until mixed thoroughly.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Hello you big beautiful bowl of lettuce! 🙂
Now … please share any Ranch recipes that might be healthy. 🙂
Until next time…