Whew … what a week! I sent Raymond to the store sans grocery list earlier this week. I had a lot going on and grocery list making + grocery shopping was not one of them. He did an awesome job. I might be transferring that domestic duty to him more often. 🙂
Last week we made this amazing dish that I found on Pinterest here.
The recipe was for Tex Mex Chicken Lettuce Wraps. I liked the idea of the mexican lettuce wraps, but we decided to eat it in a taco salad. Which was awesome btw!
Crock Pot Chicken Taco Salad
- 4 chicken breasts (frozen)
- 1/2 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 jalapeño (seeded & sliced)
- 16 oz jar of salsa
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- Place the frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning on top of chicken.
- Add jalapeño and onion to the crock pot.
- Top with the jar of salsa.
- Cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
- After 4 hours, take the chicken breasts out. Chop or shred the chicken. Place back in the crock pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve in a taco shell bowl with chopped lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, fresh tomatoes … and any other garnishes.
Super easy — I love crock pot dinners! Enjoy!
Until next time…