When the weather warms up, I not only want to spring clean and plant flowers, I also want to spend my weekends out and about. Festivals. Concerts. Events. Anything that allows me to enjoy the beautiful weather and my two favorite dudes. 🙂
Last year I made mental commitments to spend my weekends doing “something fun”. The spring and summer months came and went. My “something fun”s were minimal. In an attempt to change that this year, I’m creating a Summer Bucket List.
- Davidson Concerts On The Green: http://www.concertsonthegreen.com/
- We wanted to go last night, but the weather was a little too chilly. We ate our Picnic Dinner while watching Flight. What a dark movie — I wasn’t a fan.
- Hilton Head, SC
- Yard Sales
- I’m getting better at locating these.
- Estate Sales
- I find out about estate sales through http://www.estatesales.net/. Sign up for their email notifications.
- Davidson Farmers Market: http://www.davidsonfarmersmarket.org/
- Saturdays, 8-12noon
- Downtown Davidson is one of my favorite places in the area
- Quaint little town tucked near the city and the lake. 🙂
- Simpson’s Produce, Kings Drive Farmers Market: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Simpsons-Produce/106471189384681
- One of my favorite places to buy produce during the summer.
- I love that you buy from one vendor and not several.
- They also sell flowers, herbs, bread, etc.
- Unsure of the days and hours.
- Treehouse Vineyards: http://www.treehousevineyards.net/
- Their Saturday concerts sound right up my alley. Not to mention I want to support my friend Kevin Russell from The Kevin Russell Band.
- Just a matter of putting some dates on the calendar.
- Yard Sales
- NC Zoo: http://www.nczoo.org/
- Raymond and I went a few years ago and had a blast!
- Billy Graham Retreat: http://www.thecove.org/home
- Mt. Airy, NC: http://www.visitmayberry.com/
- Not exactly sure what we would do up there
- Morehead City, NC: https://moreheadcity.nc.gov/
- I’m thinking motorboatin’ and seafood eatin’.
- New Bern, NC
- Dwell by Cheryl recommended this coastal town
What is on your bucket list for the spring & summer months?
Until next time…