Well it is Friday — not sure where the week went. Hope you all had a wonderful week! 🙂
I have been dying to blog about food again but did not feel right posting about recipes when I haven’t been doing a lot of cooking. I finally got my groove back in the kitchen this week, so plenty to talk about in the foodie department. 🙂
This week I want to share a recipe that is not so much a family secret by any means, but I say it is my Grandmaw’s recipe. My grandmother passed away when I was about 7 years old. I remember certain things about her, and one is her delicious cooking! She taught me how to make biscuits from scratch — and this amazing cobbler recipe. This one’s for you Maw Maw Bryant! 🙂
SUMMER FRUIT COBBLER
- (1 cup) sugar
- (1 cup) self-rising flour
- (1 cup) milk
- (1 stick) butter (not margarine)
- Fresh fruit
- Sweeten fruit with sugar and let sit for several hours. (Strawberries and raspberries only).
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in oven in 1 quart baking dish
- Mix together sugar and flour. Use less sugar if you prefer.
- Add milk and mix.
- Pour flour mixture into baking dish once butter is melted.
- Add fruit. No need to really mix or stir.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-45 minutes. Top will be browned.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Until next time…