I’ve made this dessert for the past 3 years. It is easy and delicious! 🙂 It’s modified from a recipe in KRAFT Magazine.
MINI APPLE PEAR PIES
- 1 cup Vanilla Wafers (crushed)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix vanilla wafers, brown sugar, and butter until well blended. Set aside.
- 1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 15 oz package)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 large apples, cored, peeled, chopped
- I prefer Gala
- 1 large pear, cored, peeled, chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Grease a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Roll out pie crust.
- Cut roughly 4″ circles out of the crust.
- I use a large cup as a guide.
- Ball the dough up and roll it back out to get more crusts.
- Place each circle into the muffin tin.
- Spread cream cheese carefully onto the bottom of each pie.
- Sprinkle with half of the vanilla wafer crumb mixture.
- Set aside.
- Combine apples, pear, sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Toss to coat.
- Top crumb mixture with fruit filling.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes or until fruit is tender and crust is slightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve individual pies with vanilla ice cream.
This makes a great dessert for Thanksgiving or fall gathering. 🙂
Until next time…