Welcome to Foodie Friday!
The idea came about because I love blogging and I love cooking. Why not smash them together? 🙂 Every Friday I will share a new recipe that I have recently tried and thought was delicious!
I am always looking for an excuse to whip up something sweet. “Taco Braids” were on the menu for Monday, so I decided it was a great opportunity to bake a recipe I had been dying to try:
*Southern Living, May 2011
- (17.3 oz) package of Puff Pastry
- (1/4 cup) melted butter
- (1/4 cup) sugar
- (1 tsp) cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2) Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray
3) Unfold puff pastry. Cut sheet in half — then cut each half into 1-inch wide strips.
4) Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
5) Meanwhile, melt butter in saucepan.
6) In a separate bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon
7) Remove pastries from oven, dip in melted butter, and roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture.
Whoa-la .. a delicious Mexican inspired dessert. Raymond loved them — he ate about 10 in the first night. I have never baked with puff pastry before. It was super easy and delicious.