I love to bake so much so that I would open a bakery! Since I don’t own a bakery, I have to watch how much I bake at home. Two people should not consume sweets too many times a week. Not to mention, Raymond and I fight over food (especially the sweet stuff)!
My mom invited me a pool party recently, and I took this opportunity to bake one of my favorite recipes. Black Bottoms.
I didn’t name the recipe; I just eat it! They are delicious cupcake-like desserts!
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- OR 1/2 cup chocolate chips (regular size)
- 1.5 cups flour (all purpose)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, egg, sugar, and salt in large bowl until creamy.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- In a second large bowl, whisk or sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- Add the oil, vinegar, vanilla, and water to dry mix until well incorporated.
- Spoon enough of the chocolate batter into each cup so that they are filled halfway.
- Top each with a rounded spoonful of cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until cupcakes are puffed and barely golden.